[fxruby-users] FXRuby and Unicode

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Sep 28 11:00:30 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Jeroen van der Zijp wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure if the FXRuby glue needs to be compiled with this;
> but certainly, FOX itself should be.

Right. And unless the Visual C++ project file that comes with the FOX
source distribution already has this flag set, I'm not compiling FOX
that way (i.e. for the binary distribution of FXRuby for Windows).
Anyways, I just need to check into this one and see what's what. I've
added it to my bug list until it's resolved.

> The "outward face" FOX presents is UTF8, so as long as your app
> accesses
> the system via FOX, the FOX library will convert UTF8 to UTF16
> behind the scenes.

OK.