[fxruby-users] SEL_CLOSE - win32 event

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Sep 28 09:07:50 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:53 AM, A.R. wrote:

> 1. why SEL_CLOSE doesn't work on this example ?? It seems that
> SEL_CLOSE never be called ??

This is due to a bug in FOX; see:

	http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=5498&group_id=300&atid=1223

I'm still waiting for this bug to be fixed.

> 2. (i have posted this question on comp.lang.ruby with no responses at
> this time) :  I'm trying to build a small 'auto-copy' app with FXRuby
> (on windows). I
> need to intercept WM_CHANGECBCHAIN message (in conjonction with win32
> function call SetClipboardViewer and ChangeClipboardChain), but it
> seems that the only way for handling non integrated win32 event with
> Fox is to overload the FXApp::dispatchEvent C function ...
>
> Any idea for doing that only with Ruby and FXruby ?

No, sorry. That's getting into way too much Win32 platform-dependent
stuff. Your best bet is to try to get Jeroen to provide first class
support for that in FOX.