[fxruby-users] FXRuby and Unicode

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Thu Sep 28 03:10:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

There have been posts in the fox mailing-list recently, regarding a problem with european characters with accents, like "é", "è", "à", "ä"... They all appear as squares on the screen.

The answer of Jeroen is:

> When you compile FOX, make sure -DUNICODE is passed;
> without it, FOX will try to access the system with 8-bit
> characters; this works for ASCII but not for larger code sets.

Is it possible to compile next version of FXRuby with this option? I guess it is not for the moment, since I have exactly the same problem.

Cheers!

Philippe Lang
Attik System