[fxruby-users] Change default background, maybe to a wallpaper design ?

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Wed Sep 27 08:53:19 EDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 4:33 AM, Axel Etzold wrote:

> I would like to change the greyish background of the FXRuby GUI.
> Now, I have two questions with respect to this:
> I know that I can change the color of individual buttons, toolbars
> etc., but I'd like to know whether one can change this greyish
> default.
> using something like
>
> app.backColor = STD_BACK_COLOR
>
> didn't do what I want...

Try experimenting with the application's base color attribute, e.g.

	app.baseColor = FXColor::PapayaWhip

Note that in order for this setting to apply to the entire
application, you need to make this setting when the application
object is first instantiated, and before you've created any other
widgets, e.g.

	app = FXApp.new
	app.baseColor = FXColor::DeepSkyBlue1
	main = FXMainWindow.new(app, ...)

> Is it possible to create such a background with RMagick and use it to
> replace all that's grey in FXRuby GUIs ?

Not that I know of... You might ask around on the FOX GUI list about
this. I know that it's been asked there before.