[fxruby-users] Change default background, maybe to a wallpaper design ?

Axel Etzold AEtzold at gmx.de
Wed Sep 27 05:33:21 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I would like to change the greyish background of the FXRuby GUI.
Now, I have two questions with respect to this:
I know that I can change the color of individual buttons, toolbars
etc., but I'd like to know whether one can change this greyish default.
using something like

app.backColor = STD_BACK_COLOR

didn't do what I want...
Now I recall that using RMagick, you generate something like a wallpaper
tapestry (e.g., repeat a logo several times on a canvas) using
commands like

logo = Magick::ImageList.new('logo:')
img = Magick::ImageList.new
img.new_image(200, 100, Magick::TextureFill.new(logo))

as mustapha describes in his nice introductory tutorial on Rmagick
in
http://www.mustap.com/rubyzone_post_185_manipulating-images-with-rma  .
Is it possible to create such a background with RMagick and use it to
replace all that's grey in FXRuby GUIs ?

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Axel