[fxruby-users] [Rubygems-developers] Can't install fxruby via rubygems 0.9.0 on Windows XP

Lyle Johnson lyle.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:24:51 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, Tom Copeland <tom at infoether.com> wrote:

> Hm, maybe... I guess it depends on where the gem HTTP client expects to
> find those dashes.  Ah ha... now that I check the logs, here's what's
> being requested:
> GET /gems/fxruby-1.6.2-mswin32.gem
> That's why those 404 errors are popping up...

OK, so it is a naming convention thing. The Gem server apparently
inspected the Gem spec for that gem (in order to identify its version
number and platform) but didn't bother to remember its correct file
name. Oh well. Although I am of the opinion that this is a RubyGems
problem, I'll go ahead and rename one of the gems in this style and
see if that fixes the problem.