[fxruby-users] Can't update fxruby 1.6.2 gem for Windows

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Wed Sep 20 14:19:24 EDT 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:59:17 -0500, Wes Gamble <weyus at att.net> wrote :

> I will give that a shot.  Is there someone responsible for the Gem
> release however?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I'm the person who built the gems,
and I uploaded them to the FXRuby project page at RubyForge.

The bit that I don't have control over is whatever process it is on
RubyForge that takes the gems that I uploaded to the FXRuby project page and
makes them available to you when you type "gem install fxruby". I think
someone like Tom Copeland (at RubyForge) would be the person to check with
on that. I suspect that the problem has to do with the fact that there are
two different 1.6.2 gems for Windows: one built for Ruby 1.8.4 and one built
for Ruby 1.8.5. But I don't know what (if anything) I need to do to fix that.