[fxruby-users] FXFrame::drawFrame not exported

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sun Oct 22 13:32:57 EDT 2006

On Oct 22, 2006, at 11:28 AM, Wayne Conrad wrote:

> It looks like the protected method FXFrame::drawFrame isn't available
> to my subclass of FXFrame.  I suspect I need it, though.

<snip>

Yep. Because of how FXRuby works -- Ruby objects that are "peered"
with C++ objects -- the protected and private methods aren't visible
from Ruby, even if you're subclassing a FOX class.

There is a workaround I can put in the code to make drawFrame()
public, and I'll be glad to do that for you in the next release if it
helps, but it is of course not a general solution.