[fxruby-users] FXFrame::drawFrame not exported

Wayne Conrad wconrad at yagni.com
Sun Oct 22 12:28:29 EDT 2006

It looks like the protected method FXFrame::drawFrame isn't available
to my subclass of FXFrame.  I suspect I need it, though.

My subclass of FXFrame is double-buffering.  If I call "super" in my
onPaint method, FXFrame::onPaint erases the area onto which I am going
to blit the buffer, causing flicker.  What I think I need is to call
FXFrame::drawFrame(dc, ...) when I'm constructing the image.

I got the idea of calling drawFrame from FX7Segment.cpp.

Is there another way to get FXFrame to draw the frame for me without
causing flicker?

I could just never mind the frame, as I don't need it in this control.
It just seems like good (that is, unsurprising) design to do what
FXFrame does when subclassing it.

Fox 1.4.34, FXRuby 1.4.7, Debian testing.

        Wayne Conrad