[fxruby-users] FXRuby and Unicode

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sat Oct 14 17:58:29 EDT 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 1:31 AM, Philippe Lang wrote:

> I was just wondering what was the state of this discussion
> regarding unicode.
> I'm unable to have french accents in a widget, like an FXLabel for
> example.
> Using:
> $KCODE = 'UTF8'
> require 'jcode'
> ... Does not help.

Philippe (and anyone else who's interested),

I wonder if you can try the attached example program on your computer
and tell me what you see. As far as I can tell, the versions of FOX
and FXRuby that I distribute for Windows was compiled correctly (i.e.
with the UNICODE setting). When I run the attached example, the
Unicode text inside the label is displayed properly.