[fxruby-users] Build error: Debian testing, libfox1.4, FXRuby-1.4.7

Wayne Conrad wconrad at yagni.com
Sat Oct 14 10:15:01 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 07:47:54AM -0500, Lyle Johnson wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2006, at 10:30 PM, Wayne Conrad wrote:
> > fx3d_wrap.cpp:705: error: no matching function for call to 'normal
> > (const FX::FXVec3f&, const FX::FXVec3f&, const FX::FXVec3f&)'

> Well, I guess for starters, can you confirm that Debian installs the
> FOX include files into either /usr/local/include/fox-1.4 or /usr/
> include/fox-1.4? I think the compiler is in fact seeing the include
> files, but I just wanted to rule out that possibility up front.

I find bunches of files in /usr/include/fox-1.4

> I'm also wondering if it has to do with the "friend injection" change
> made in GCC 4.1, which I know broke some earlier versions of FOX.
> Jeroen put a patch in FOX 1.4.32 to address this problem. Do you know
> which version of FOX Debian is using for their libfox1.4 packages?

My g++ is version 4.1.1.

Fox 1.4.31.  With Debian version numbers, everything before the dash
is the original package's version.

I see that Fox version 1.4.34 is in Debian unstable.  I'll install it,
see if it fixes things, and let you know.

        Wayne Conrad