[fxruby-users] Canvas Rubberband Selection

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Fri Oct 13 11:53:51 EDT 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 09:03, Steve D. wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm porting a QtRuby (4.1) app over to FxRuby cause I need the
> cross-platform compatibility and was wondering if there was a
> Rubberband (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qrubberband.html) type class
> for Fox or if I will have to roll my own.

There are only two widgets which have "rubberband-style" selection: FXGLViewer
and FXIconList.  Both have built-in selection, but its implemented differently;
the FXGLViewer implements the drawing using OpenGL, whereas the FXIconList does
it using 2D drawing API's.

If it appears generally useful, we could implement FXRubberBand; perhaps you
just give an example of how you would use such a thing in your code [assuming
you need it outside of the FOX widgets which have this already built in]...

	- Jeroen