[fxruby-users] Data Targets and message handlers [was: Defaultdouble-click in FXTable?]

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Fri Oct 13 01:38:08 EDT 2006

Lyle Johnson wrote:

> But I think I understand what you're getting
> at, and that is that you want to have the text field's
> content tied to some variable in your application, but you'd
> also like to be able to catch certain messages (like
> SEL_KEYPRESS and SEL_KEYRELEASE) generated by the text field. Is that
> right?

Why didn't I say like this before! Yes, exactly.

> If that's the case, I don't think you'll be able to use
> FXDataTarget directly, but that's not a big tragedy.

No, that's not a big tragedy at all. I noticed that in my application, I actually don't absolutely need data objects, so I simply dropped them. But IMHO, there might be something to improve in the framework regarding messages. Fox Tails is apprently just doing that.

Thanks for your notes, and for FXRuby by the way...

Philippe Lang
Attik System