[fxruby-users] Dynamically removing & adding widgets at runtime

Assaph Mehr assaph at gmail.com
Thu May 18 23:55:50 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Am facing a problem where I dynamically remove and add widgets at
runtime, but the new widgets are not drawn. Attached is a simple
reproduction script.

Basically, this app helps me manage a particular set of services on
various machines (for easy read, the attached samples just works with
file names). When switching machines I remove all entries from the
groupbox, and add all entries for the new location. What I can see is
that the existing entries are removed, the whole frame is resized to
the new number of entries, but no the groupboxes remain blank - the
new items are not shown.

To reproduce, run the attached script, see the dir listing in the
current directory, click "reload" and select a new dir - and see my

Am probably missing something obvious. Have tried various things like
update, layout etc but can't seem to make it work.

Any help much appreciated,