[fxruby-users] FXTextField - posSelected?(pos)

Gérard Ménochet gerard.menochet at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 16 06:56:04 EDT 2006

Hi Jeroen, Lyle

       A gret thanks for your answers. My thoughts is that I had a bad reading of posSelected?(pos). I read "position selected" and understood "character selected"...... Ooops

No problem to get the first and last characters of the selection except that using the posSelected? function for this goal is a bad idea and eventually a blind alley.

A solution :

 first = atext.anchorPos < atext.cursorPos ?  atext.anchorPos : atext.cursorPos
 last = (atext.anchorPos > atext.cursorPos ?  atext.anchorPos : atext.cursorPos) - 1
 noSelection =  first > last

Regards

Gérard Ménochet