[fxruby-users] Some questions

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Mon May 1 21:25:21 EDT 2006

On Monday 01 May 2006 19:39, Gérard Ménochet wrote:
> Hi,
> Some questions
> 1_ Is there a standard way to exit from a FXText widget wih the keyboard ?

Its a widget, so it's naturally embedded inside some dialog or other layout
If you mean tabbing out of it, that's not possible; FXText handles tabs
by inserting them into the text.

You can of course jump out using accelerators or shortcuts.

> 2_ I have a problem with the setFocus() on FXComboBox and FXListbox.
>     something like that:
>       libo =FXListBox.new(parent,nil, 0)
>       (1980..2050).each do |i| libo.appendItem(i.to_s) end
>       libo.setFocus()
>       The widgets don't catch the focus. If I press the tab key, they get it.
> 3_ FXCombox again. I set a selectAll(). When I exit the combo, it is not correctly deselectet. For example, the selected color is blue, when I exit to another widget, it keeps a kind of brown selected color.

The answer to (2) and (3) is probably that you forgot to call create() to realize
the server-resident resources.  This is necessary for selection since the selection
is something which exists in the X server.
> 4_ FXlistBox FComboBox: it's not possible to navigate on the pane with the down and up arrows ?

No, not with the arrows.  Try the space when the focus is on the menubutton;
the up/down arrows directly roll to the previous/next item in the list
without popping the menu.

	- Jeroen

| Copyright (C) 20:20 05/ 1/2006 Jeroen van der Zijp.   All Rights Reserved. |