[fxruby-users] FXOptionMenu setCurrent method

Matthew Desmarais desmarm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 15:58:45 EST 2006

Meinrad Recheis wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> have you tried it? i think i was wrong. FXOptionMenu#current is
>>> documented like this:
>>> current          [RW]           The current option, or nil if none [FXOption]
>>>
>>> which means you can set the option you want directly by passing it to "current="
>>>
>> When I do that I get "wrong argument type Fixnum (expected Data). I
>> have no idea what a Data object is.
>>

> Fixnum? so you have tried to pass an index. but the doc says you can
> pass the option itself or nil. Data stands for a wrapped C object i
> think which means a fox widget.
>
> -- henon

Hi guys,

It's been my experience that when "Data" starts popping up in FXRuby
stuff, it's time to go to the API Docs.

Try the FXOptionMenu page[1].  I usually start around the attributes
section.  I think you'll find that the FXOptionMenu contains a list of
FXOptions.  You can get at them through either index
((get/set)CurrentNo) which takes a Fixnum or reference
((get/set)Current) which deals in FXOptions.

Or that's the way it looks to me, anyway. I've not used the FXOptionMenu
myself.

I hope that helps.

Matthew J Desmarais

[1] http://fxruby.org/doc/api/classes/Fox/FXOptionMenu.html#M002096