[fxruby-users] detecting row and column selections in an FXTable

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:47:57 EST 2006

On 3/27/06, Lyle Johnson <lyle at knology.net> wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2006, at 8:03 PM, Mark Volkmann wrote:
>
> > When I click a column header, I get a separate event for every cell in
> > that column.
> > Is there a way to just get one event that says a column header (or a
> > row header) was selected?
>
> FOX calls the selectColumn() method when you click on a column header,
> so I think you might be able to pull this off if you subclass FXTable
> and override its selectColumn() method, e.g.
>
>         class MyTable < FXTable
>                 def selectColumn(col, notify=false)
>                         puts "selected column #{col}"
>                         super
>                 end
>         end

Are you sure about this?  I've overridden that method and it doesn't
get called when I click a column header. I wonder if that method is
only used to programatically select a column. Hopefully there is
another way to be notified that the user clicked a column heading.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.