[fxruby-users] Multitab FXRuby Editor with movable tabs - possible?

Roebe XXX shevegen at linuxmail.org
Tue Mar 21 21:24:51 EST 2006

Hi list,

I want to make an editor in FXRuby, that shall feature (as
my personal basic needs)

- ruby syntax highlighting (and php ;>), in general though any
kind of syntax highlighting words easily
- tabs/buffers that have one file in them
- ability to rearrange tabs, by clicking with mouse on them and
move them to another position
- vim like keybindings (optional)

Anyway, i am asking whether this is possible.
In Ruby/GTK2 I came pretty far, had tabs, could rearrange them
(though not yet at drag and drop, which is the thing I am trying
to pay most attention soon), but I got a bit frustrated at it
and dropped it for some time. Then I picked about FOX again ;)
(First toolkit was Tcl/Tk via ruby, this is really very ugly
in my opinion)