[fxruby-users] FXProgressDialog trouble

Sascha Dördelmann sdruby at onlinehome.de
Tue Mar 7 15:27:25 EST 2006

Hello Maurice,

> I'm having trouble with FXProgressDialog-- I'm trying to use it to show
the progress of a file upload..
> [...]
> can someone point me to an example of successfully using this dialog?

My sourceforge-project Piggy includes an FTP browser written in FXRuby but I
do not use a separate thread. Termination doesn't seem to be a problem
there. I've noticed a few side effects, though. E. g. the modal Dialog which
starts the upload will stay open until the upload is finished.

BTW: If you are building an FTP browser, too, you might want to join in the
project (or should I join yours)?