[fxruby-users] problem compiling fxruby

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Tue Mar 7 09:11:17 EST 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Giannandrea Castaldi wrote:

> Now I'd like to use mondrian or freeride and I've seen that for that I
> must recompile fxruby with fxscintilla. In Ubuntu I haven't found both
> scintilla and fxscintilla and then I've recompiled them and installed
> in $HOME/local. When I recompile fxruby with the following command:
> ~/local/lib/ruby/gems/cache$ gem install fxruby-1.2.6.gem --force --
> --with-fxscintilla-include=~/local/include/fxscintilla
> --with-fxscintilla-lib=~/local/lib

I don't know if this will make a difference, but what if you specify
the full path to those directories, i.e.

	gem install fxruby-1.2.6.gem --
--with-fxscintilla-include=/home/fred/local/include/fxscintilla
--with-fxscintilla-lib=/home/fred/local/lib

I just tried a quick test with the FXScintilla files installed
non-standard places and it worked OK.

Hope this helps,

Lyle