[fxruby-users] FXProgressDialog trouble

Maurice Codik maurice.codik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 23:33:08 EST 2006

Hey all,

I'm having trouble with FXProgressDialog-- I'm trying to use it to show the
progress of a file upload..

I am running the upload in a separate thread that calls the dialog's destroy
method when its done.. the dialog closes, but the application remains
non-responsive (as if its still in the execute loop). I've tried sending
ID_ACCEPT to the dialog with the same results.

I've seen some other threads on this list (and others) with the same issue,
with no solution... can someone point me to an example of successfully using
this dialog?

Thanks..

Maurice

-------------------------

code snippet:

-- in my FXMainWindow:

progress = FXProgressDialog.new(self, "Upload Progress", "Starting upload")

th = Thread.new {
# this does the upload, and calls progress.increment and sets
progress.message
  OpenomyUploader.upload(dir, tags, progress)
  progress.destroy
}

progress.execute