[fxruby-users] setting the background color of a combobox ?

Axel Etzold AEtzold at gmx.de
Fri Jun 30 10:40:34 EDT 2006

How do you set the bakcground color of a combobox ?
I have a Combobox, which should have a white background
color, yet it somewhat strangely inherits the gray
color of the frame it sits in.
I have tried to correct this by setting

p = $settingsFrame
p.recursive{|w|
			# w.baseColor=STD_BACK_COLOR
			next if w.kind_of? TextField
			next if w.backColor==HEADER_COLOR
                        if /ComboBox/.match(w.type.to_s)
                    	 w.baseColor=WHITE_BACK_COLOR
                         w.backColor=WHITE_BACK_COLOR

                        else
                          w.backColor=STD_BACK_COLOR
                        end
          	}

for WHITE_BACK_COLOR=FXRGB(255,255,255),
and STD_BACK_COLR=FXRGB(128,128,128)

but this changes the background color from gray to white only if I click on
the combobox to show a dropdown of them. Then , everything becomes
white, but after that, it turns to gray again.

Thank you for your help,

Axel