[fxruby-users] Showing a window, closing it, showing it again - error

Axel Etzold AEtzold at gmx.de
Fri Jun 9 14:58:00 EDT 2006

Dear all,

in a GUI, I have a help window with some text and a
Menu toolbar button quite similar to that of textedit.rb:
a help window of class FXDialog appears, displays a
help text, and if you don't need it anymore, there is
a button to close it. This works :)
But when the user wants to see the help window again,
and re-presses the menubar help button, the whole
program exits saying:

c:/axelhome/ngui/f30.rb:686:in `show': This FXDialogBox * already released (RuntimeError)
	from c:/axelhome/ngui/f30.rb:686:in `onCmdShowHelp'
	from c:/axelhome/ngui/f30.rb:893:in `runme'
	from c:/axelhome/ngui/f30.rb:902

This is the function I used :

class MainWindow

 def initialize
    # Help window

    # init HelpWindow as in helpwindow.rb required by textedit.rb
    @helpwindow = HelpWindow.new(self)
 end
 # Show help window
  def onCmdShowHelp(sender, sel, ptr)
    @helpwindow.show(PLACEMENT_CURSOR)  # line that generated the error.
    return 1

How can I make help re-accessible ? In textedit.rb this works,
but I don't know why.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Axel