[fxruby-users] setCurrent switcher index out of bounds problem

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:19:01 EDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Axel Etzold <AEtzold at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear Meinrad,
> Dear Lyle,
>
> thank you for your responses.
> Meinrad: my problem was not so much to identify
> an error line number, but to get some grasp
> of what constant actually does what in FXRuby.
> This generates a lot of silly questions to more
> experienced people, of course. Sorry for that.

i'm sorry because i did not understand your question right and
therefore gave a answer that was not helpful. Anyway, I am not an
expert in FXRuby. lyle is the real expert. i am just trying my best to
give my experience to people who are new to FXRuby.

[...]
> Then again, I've got another question I couldn't find
> an answer to :
> In one field of an FX4Splitter, I want to display a PNG
> image.
> I know how to do this (basically) from the imageviewer.rb
> file.
> But the image I display needs to be generated first
> (by Gnuplot ... no problem to output PNG from there,
> except one: to set the size : I don't know what
> to tell Gnuplot there:
> - how do I see what the size of that
>
>  @imageview_rec = FXImageView.new(@topFrame_rec, nil, nil, 0,
>       LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)
>
> is ?
> I tried
>     p @imageview_rec.getHeight
>     p @imageview_rec.getWidth
>
> but that gives me 1 and 1.

i also often had the problem that a widget did not give back it's real
size but 1x1 instead. maybe making a layoutcontainer (verticalframe or
packer) around the imageview might help. then you can get the
containers width and height.

> Thank you and sorry for my annoying questions,
they are not at all annoying. ;)

-- henon