[fxruby-users] Create fails strangely => Fixed resource limits in FXRuby/Fox?

Martin Portman martin.portman at iptest.com
Wed Jun 7 06:22:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got a problem with my big and sprawling app.  The behaviour
appears to be related to how many widgets i have in use. (I'm creating
100's and using show/hide at appropriate times.)

What happens when i create a new window is code like this:

    Control.new( owner , ... )
    puts 1
    control.create
    puts 2

will work fine, but at some point will display 1, but not 2, and
the loop it was in will terminate there and then, but the app.
will keep on running, destined to crash oddly later on.

If I put all the creates after all the Control.new calls I get
exactly the same behaviour.  It is completely repeatable.

The create call doesn't raise any exception.

Can someone shed some light on what's going on, or tell me
how I can find out more?

I'm using Fox 1.4.2, Ruby 1.8.2.

Thanks you,
Martin.