[fxruby-users] [ANN] FXRuby 1.6.0 Now Available

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sun Jun 4 21:25:50 EDT 2006

On Jun 4, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Charles D Hixson wrote:

> Note the location:
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.0/ext/fox16/gem_make.out
> Perhaps this is significant?

Charles, I don't think this difference is significant; it just
indicates that your Ruby is installed under /usr instead of /usr/local.

I've compared both yours and Henon's gem_make.out files to mine (which
was for a build under FC4) and the only obvious differences are:

+ For the Debian builds, the "platform" part is "i486-linux" instead of
"i686-linux"
+ For the Debian builds, "-lruby1.8" is included in the final link step
(the one that builds fox16.so). It's not included in mine.

Neither of these differences are ringing any bells for me, and so I
don't know what to tell you to do. I suspect that there's something
"interesting" about how the version of Ruby that's bundled with Debian
is built, but I don't have access to that operating system.

Are any other Debian users reading this? Any clues?

Lyle