[fxruby-users] Selected text background color in a combobox question

Axel Etzold AEtzold at gmx.de
Fri Jul 14 11:33:08 EDT 2006

Dear Jeroen,

thank you for responding. Unfortunately, you did not
  answer to my question at all :(

I know of both FXComboBox and FXlistBox.
I am quite happy with FXComboBox now, and I would not
be happier with an FXListBox with the problem I have.

If you select an entry in an FXCombobox, and then leave
that box, the text of the entry gets a greyish background
As one then  moves on to another FXcombobox (if there
  is one), and changes that one as well, this greyish background
color of the text of the selection of the first FXCombobox disappears.

Now I would like to have it disappear right away, because it
looks ugly to have one greyish background color behind a text
all the time, if you change something on the original configuration.
I have tried to use setSetBackColor, setHiliteColor, setShadowColor
on the FXTextField children of FXCombobox, but none worked.

I suggest that it should be a standard behavior of FXListbox and
FXCombobox that there is no background color of the text of the
selected item, at least this color should disappear after the user
"leaves" this widget.

How do I achieve this behavior ?
Thank you very much,

Best regards,