[fxruby-users] Selected text background color in a combobox question

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Fri Jul 14 09:08:35 EDT 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 03:43, Axel Etzold wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> when I select an item from a combobox (and release it and 'leave' the combobox), the text in it gets marked by a background color.
> I would like to set this color to FXRGB(255,255,255).
> How do I do this ?

Don't use a FXComboBox if what you really need is a FXListBox.  FXComboBox
is in principle a widget that gives you a text string from a list of strings,
with possible text-entry [non-static mode].  It shows the selected text
because it actually has an embedded text field, and the text that you select
is, well..., selected!!

FXListBox is a widget that gives you a choice [0...N] from a list of labeled
choices.  It is often a better idea to use FXListBox since picking from a
list of choices is far more common.

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen