[fxruby-users] FXComboBox - read out currrent Item

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Sat Jul 8 19:01:46 EDT 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 5:10 PM, Axel Etzold wrote:

> thank you for your response. SEL_COMMAND works for me.

Good. Actually, I discovered that the SEL_CHANGED message for an
FXComboBox only gets sent when you're making changes to the text in
an editable combo-box. If you have a COMBOBOX_STATIC (which can't be
edited) you're never going to get SEL_CHANGED.

> Sorry to ask so many questions. What intrigues me further
> is that in the online documentation of class Fox::FXComboBox,
> there is no 'connect' among the methods list ...

The connect() method is defined in the Responder2 module, which is
mixed in to the FXWindow class (an ancestor class of FXComboBox).