[fxruby-users] How to display a frame content into different containers ?

lyle@knology.net lyle at knology.net
Tue Jan 31 14:57:47 EST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:02:28 +0100, "thom01" <thom01 at laposte.net> wrote :

> My main window is splitted horizontally.
> - The left side contains a tree list whose each item is
> associated to a vertical frame.
> - The right side is itself splitted vertically, the upper and
> lower panes contain an empty vertical frame by default.

OK.

> I'd like to show a tree item's frame into one of the right
> panes when the tree item is selected.

OK.

> How can I do it with FXRuby ?
> I tried to use FXSwitcher, it works but I'd like to be able to
> display the item's frame into the upper pane as well as the
> lower one.

You cannot display the same window object (i.e. the vertical frame) in more
than one place at the same time, if that is what you are asking. If you just
want to change the vertical frame's position in the split, e.g. to make it
the first child window instead of the second, you could call linkBefore() or
linkAfter() on the frame. If you want to actually move the child window to a
completely different parent window, you could call reparent() on it.

Hope this helps,

Lyle