[fxruby-users] help, message passing

boxofsoxx-goognews@yahoo.com boxofsoxx-goognews at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 00:46:05 EST 2006

What is the correct way to pass messages between windows. I am trying to create an edit dialog that allows you to edit and save a text field. The dialog called FXEditDialog is inherited from FXDialogBox, and has an FXText field, and three buttons, save cancel and OK. I don't know how to pass the message from the buttons back to the main window so that I can update the the field in the main window.
  I looked through the documentation and couldn't find any examples. Any help will be greatly appreciated.