[fxruby-users] Advanced frame

thom01 thom01 at laposte.net
Fri Feb 24 11:36:44 EST 2006

Hi,

My main window is a vertical frame, it contains an "advanced
button" to display advanced parameters when clicked.

I tried something like that (see below) but it seems the main
window is never resized ?

Thanks

Thomas
---------------------------------
class MyMainWindow < FXMainWindow

   attr :advancedFrame

   def initialize(app)
      super(app, "MyMainWindow")

      contents = FXVerticalFrame.new(self,
         LAYOUT_FILL_X|LAYOUT_FILL_Y)

      advancedButton = FXButton.new(contents, "Advanced >>",
         nil, self, 0, FRAME_RAISED|FRAME_THICK)

      advancedButton.connect(SEL_COMMAND) do
         if @advancedFrame.shown?
            self.height -= @advancedFrame.height
            @advancedFrame.hide
            advancedButton.text = "Advanced >>"
         else
            self.height += @advancedFrame.height
            @advancedFrame.show
            advancedButton.text = "<< Basic"
         end

         self.recalc
app = FXApp.new

mainWindow = MyMainWindow.new(app)

app.create
mainWindow.advancedFrame.hide
mainWindow.height -= mainWindow.advancedFrame.height

mainWindow.show(PLACEMENT_SCREEN)

app.run

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)