[fxruby-users] table item suggestions

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Thu Feb 16 17:46:56 EST 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 08:06, Meinrad Recheis wrote:
> hi lyle,
> TableItem cannot do some things the table can do on it's items:
> the row and column index
> spanning? <=> table.itemSpanning?
> color(=)  <=> table.s/getCellColor
> maybe also these two methods:
> startInput
> makePositionVisible
> would it make sense to add these methods to the interface of tableItem?
> since tableitem surely knows its table it should be no problem of forwarding
> the according method calls to the table instance.

The FXTableItem's interface is intended for FXTable, and the FXTable interface
is meant for your programs.

Thus, FXTableItem doesn't know about FXTable except insofar as when FXTable is
passed as a parameter sometimes.

Certainly, it is the case that FXTableItem doesn't know which cell it's in, and
so doesn't know if it's a spanning item either.

I suggest strongly to manipulate items through FXTable and not via FXTableItem
directly; manipulating via FXTableItem means FXTable isn't aware anything has
changed and thus doesn't know it needs to update or recompute....

		- Jeroen

| Copyright (C) 16:40 02/16/2006 Jeroen van der Zijp.   All Rights Reserved. |