[fxruby-users] table item suggestions

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Feb 16 10:09:43 EST 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 8:06 AM, Meinrad Recheis wrote:

>  TableItem cannot do some things the table can do on it's items:
>
>  the row and column index
>  spanning? <=> table.itemSpanning?
>  color(=)  <=> table.s/getCellColor
>
>  maybe also these two methods:
>  startInput
>  makePositionVisible
>
>  would it make sense to add these methods to the interface of
> tableItem?
>  since tableitem surely knows its table it should be no problem of
> forwarding the according method calls to the table instance.

Currently, the table items do not hold back pointers to the table that
owns them. In order to use any of these functions from an FXTableItem
instance, we'd need to add that additional data (or require it as an
input argument). I have added this as a feature request, and we'll see
if it's something we can do in 1.6.