[fxruby-users] Hide/show list items

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Wed Feb 15 17:54:42 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 16:10, thom01 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [1]
> Is there a way of hiding/showing list/table/whatever elements
> without rebuilding a new list ?

You can delete and re-insert a single item at any arbitrary
place in the list.

> [2]
> How to initialize the height of a frame whose parent is a
> splitter ?

splitterchild->setHeight() ought to do it.

> My main window is splitted vertically, the bottom pane
> contains a FXText only, I'd like to display 3 lines (or a
> given height) only when I create the main window.

The best way [what I'd do] is to call  setVisibleRows() on
the FXText, then call splitterchild->setHeight(text->getDefaultHeight()+FUDGE)
where FUDGE depends on the selected padding and border styles you've
defined for the intervening widgets between your text widget and it's
splitterchild ancestor.

Regards,

		- Jeroen

| Copyright (C) 16:50 02/15/2006 Jeroen van der Zijp.   All Rights Reserved. |