[fxruby-users] require_gem "fxruby"

lyle@knology.net lyle at knology.net
Wed Feb 15 13:44:41 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:39:13 +0100, Meinrad Recheis
<meinrad.recheis at gmail.com> wrote :

> a unique way of initializing fxruby would be great...

I am confused about what the difficulty is, exactly. I'm sitting at my
machine at work where I'm running Ruby 1.8.2 for Windows from the one-click
installer. I have FXRuby 1.4.4 installed as a gem here:

    C:\>gem list fxruby
    *** LOCAL GEMS ***

    fxruby (1.4.4, 1.4.3, 1.2.6)
        FXRuby is the Ruby binding to the FOX GUI toolkit.

and if I just do "require 'fox14'", it works fine:

    C:\>ruby -e "require 'fox14'; p Fox.fxrubyversion"

So what's the problem?