[fxruby-users] foxguib

lyle@knology.net lyle at knology.net
Tue Feb 7 12:42:20 EST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:16:13 +0200, Antti Karanta <Antti.Karanta at iki.fi> wrote :

>   What magic do I need to perform to get support for the optional image
> formats on linux?

I've never used SuSE Linux and so I'm unfamiliar with their package naming
conventions, etc. but you'll want to install the "developer" packages for
PNG, JPEG and TIFF -- the ones that have the include files (and not just the
shared runtime libraries) in them.

Once you've installed those packages, you will need to wipe out your
previous FOX build and do the "configure; make; make install" dance again.
Pay attention during the "configure" step to confirm that it finds the
PNG/JPEG/TIFF stuff when it checks for it (it should say something like
"checking for PNG.... yes".

Hope this helps,

Lyle