[fxruby-users] foxguib

Antti Karanta Antti.Karanta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 6 13:56:04 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 11:25, Meinrad Recheis wrote:

> on linux it runs if you completely comment the following lines in FX.rb:626
> out:

  Ok, thanks, that got it up and running. However, none of the widgets in the
middle are showing, instead they all have the text PNG, which I think means
the program can not find the images?
  When I make a dialog and add widgets, it comes out ok.

  I may be a bit thick w/ this, but some examples would be great - I know
enough fxruby to build some sort of gui (it's a huge library - still
learning), but I find it hard to construct a gui using the builder. For some
reason I can e.g. get (some) widgets shown in the created dialog when
building a dialog but none when building a main window. = /
  If there are people using the foxguib, here would be a great place to
contribute: step by step examples/guides, possibly w/ pictures showing how
you proceed, would help a newbie like me along nicely!

> >   Maybe it could be mentioned in the documentation what version
> > combination of ruby-fox-fxruby the builder has been verified to work on,
> > and of course on what os(es), too?
> ok.
> the current download works with fxruby 1.2.6 on win32 (and linux if
> you manually fix the previously mentioned problem). i am currently
> working on the release for fxruby 1.4.4 which broke the replacement of
> widgets.

  I think this would be useful to have on the web-page.