[fxruby-users] foxguib

Meinrad Recheis meinrad.recheis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 04:25:59 EST 2006

hi antti,
i migrated to linux a couple of month ago, so i now got the
possibilities to test on linux too.

On 2/1/06, Antti Karanta <Antti.Karanta at iki.fi> wrote:

[....]

>   I just tried it on my linux laptop and all I got was a crash:
>
> antti at hyperion:~/downloaded/ruby/foxGUIb> ruby foxGUIb.rbw
> ./FX.rb:634: uninitialized constant FX::Text (NameError)
>         from foxGUIb.rbw:11
> antti at hyperion:~/downloaded/ruby/foxGUIb> ruby -rfox14 foxGUIb.rbw
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/fox12.so: [BUG] Segmentation
> fault
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]
>
> Aborted
> antti at hyperion:~/downloaded/ruby/foxGUIb> ruby -rfox12 foxGUIb.rbw
> ./FX.rb:634: uninitialized constant FX::Text (NameError)
>         from foxGUIb.rbw:11
>
>   Could be my environment, too. I'm running Suse 9.1, ruby 1.8.4, fxruby 1.4.4
> (although the .so file for fxruby 1.2 seems to still be there, too) and fox
> 1.4.26.

on linux it runs if you completely comment the following lines in FX.rb:626 out:

if Fox.constants.include? "FXScintilla"
	class Scintilla < Fox::FXScintilla
		def initialize(p, opts=0)
			super(p, nil, 0, opts)
else
	puts "Fox::FXScintilla not found! Substituting Fox::FXText."
	Scintilla = Text
end

>   Maybe it could be mentioned in the documentation what version combination of
> ruby-fox-fxruby the builder has been verified to work on, and of course on
> what os(es), too?

ok.
the current download works with fxruby 1.2.6 on win32 (and linux if
you manually fix the previously mentioned problem). i am currently
working on the release for fxruby 1.4.4 which broke the replacement of
widgets.

>   But to answer the original quetion: if I am able to get the foxguib up and
> running and can actually build a gui with it, I'll be sure to use it! I'm
> working on a moderately large fxruby gui atm and could really use a tool like
> this.
>

>          -Antti-

thanks a lotfor your comments!!!
regards,