[fxruby-users] FXRuby - Fox versions

gga ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Tue Dec 19 15:22:58 EST 2006

Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Well, generally speaking, FXRuby version 1.4 corresponds to FOX
> version 1.4, and FXRuby version 1.6 corresponds to FOX version 1.6. I
> suspect that the errors that you're seeing indicate some more
> fundamental configuration problem, like the FOX 1.4 include files
> aren't installed, or something along those lines. Can you send a more
> complete record of the compiler output?

The includes are there, in /usr/include/fox-1.4.
The rubygems log is attached.  It seems to me a bug in the FOX
includes.  The scope resolution of the friend functions is determined by
their previous appearance according to the C++ spec, not by its friend
definition, if I understand correctly.
The swig wrappers look for FX::plane() and FX::normal(), which are never
defined in my 1.4 includes (only their friend declaration appears).

> g++ -v
gcc version 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)

The bug in the fox includes is similar to this:

namespace FX
{
  // int f( int, int, int );
  // int f( float, float );

  struct A
  {
    friend int f( int, int, int );
    friend int f( float, float );
  };

}

int func()
{
  return FX::f(1,2,3);
}

This will not compile unless the two define lines are commented out.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E