[fxruby-users] FXRuby - Fox versions

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Tue Dec 19 08:59:00 EST 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 10:15 PM, gga wrote:

> I am now trying to get fxruby working on a brand new Kubuntu distro.
> I've downloaded fox1.4 (using Debian's standard apt-get) and got
> fxruby1.4.7 (using rubygems).
> However, when the gem is compiled, it creates a bunch of errors, like:
> fx3d_wrap.cpp:808: error: no matching function for call to ‘plane
> (const
> FX::FXVec3d&, const FX::FXVec3d&)’
> fx3d_wrap.cpp:743: error: no matching function for call to ‘normal
> (const
> FX::FXVec3d&, const FX::FXVec3d&, const FX::FXVec3d&, const
> FX::FXVec3d&)’
> I'm guessing it is a versioning problem between the fxruby swig
> wrapper
> and the actual fox library.
> Is there any web page listing which fxruby corresponds to each fxruby?

Well, generally speaking, FXRuby version 1.4 corresponds to FOX
version 1.4, and FXRuby version 1.6 corresponds to FOX version 1.6. I
suspect that the errors that you're seeing indicate some more
fundamental configuration problem, like the FOX 1.4 include files
aren't installed, or something along those lines. Can you send a more
complete record of the compiler output?