[fxruby-users] Exiting a DialogBox created with FoxGUIb

e aldaz ardhazes at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 12:50:11 EST 2006

Dear All

I am new to FOX and FoxGUIb. I have found FoxGUIb very
useful and I have created an application with menus,
one of which calls a DialogBox for the user to enter
some values. After finishing the user will press OK to
save data.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to let the
DialogBox know tha tonce the OK button is pressed it
should exit. It seems I need to send message ID_ACCEPT
to some recipient (not sure which) when the button OK
is clicked? But no idea how to do that with the code
that is generated by FoxGUIb as the button is created
in a different way to what I have seen in the examples
in the web, and I have no idea how to relate them (
I'm afraid I haven't really understood the FXButton
API)

The dialog box examples I have seen do something like
the following:

   # Accept
    accept = FXButton.new(buttons, "&Accept", nil,
self, ID_ACCEPT,
FRAME_RAISED|FRAME_THICK|LAYOUT_RIGHT|LAYOUT_CENTER_Y)

However the FoxGUIb creates a button doing:

FX::Button.new(@verticalframe7){|w|
                @button_ok=w
                w.wdg_name='button_ok'
                w.text="Ok"
                w.width=21
                w.y=4
                w.height=21
                w.layoutHints=40
                w.x=26
                w.selector=FX::DialogBox::ID_QUIT

                @button_ok.connect(Fox::SEL_COMMAND){
                            lat = textfield_lat.text
                            lon = textfield_lon.text
                            heading
=textfield_heading.text
                                                #How
do I indicate that I want to accept and exit?:?

                }
 }

So in this last example, how do I exit the dialog when
button is clicked?

Thanks very much for your help
Eduardo