[fxruby-users] runModalWhileShown

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Sun Dec 3 02:58:23 EST 2006

fxruby-users-bounces at rubyforge.org wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with an application that uses popups in
> TreeLists: this test code shows a TreeList that you can
> expand recursively with a right click on the base node. It
> runs fine, you will see, but afterwards the applications
> starts behaving strangely: if you use the scroller to look at
> nodes at the bottom, and go back with the cursor in the
> TreeList pane, you will see you go back to the first node.
> This DOES NOT happen when you expand nodes "by hand", without showing
> the popup menu.
> I could find that the problems apparently starts with the line:
> self.getApp().runModalWhileShown(menu)
> Apparently this call breaks something in the event management.
> As far as I know, this is how to code popups in Fox? Am I
> doing anything wrong?
> Thanks to anyone that can help!

Apparently, reacting on RIGHTBUTTONRELEASE instead of RIGHTBUTTONPRESS and the problem disappears, as explained here:

Lyle, what exactly is the reason behind that?

Is there a way to react on RIGHTBUTTONPRESS anyway? This is quite strange to have a popup that appears when you release your mouse button...

Philippe Lang
Attik System