[fxruby-users] html widget and a mouseover event question

Lyle Johnson lyle at knology.net
Thu Apr 27 22:32:46 EDT 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Dylan Bruzenak wrote:

> Another question: is it possible to change the background of a menu
> title on roll over ? I'm changing the borders, but I want the entire
> background color to change.
> Is there are mouseover event that is triggered on a control on mouse
> entry ?  I see some stuff for DND in FXWindow, but no other references.

You might be able to accomplish this by catching the SEL_ENTER and
SEL_LEAVE messages. The main things to remember are that your message
handlers should return false (or zero) so that FOX goes ahead with the
normal processing for those messages:

	menuTitle = FXMenuTitle.new(...)
	menuTitle.connect(SEL_ENTER) {
		puts "enter"