[fxruby-users] positioning by percentage

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Thu Apr 27 10:55:40 EDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:46:56 -0500, Dylan Bruzenak
<dylanb at digitalvalence.com> wrote :

> Is there an easy way to position components by percentage of their
> container/layout manager?

The spring layout manager
(http://www.fxruby.org/doc/api/classes/Fox/FXSpring.html) is one you might
look at, although I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for. AFAIK,
there aren't any FOX layouts that work in terms of percentages.

> Barring that, what is the best class to do just xy layouts so that
> I can build my own layout managers? FXComposite?

Yup, I think that's what I'd go with if I were going to "roll my own" kind
of layout manager.