[fxruby-users] PRoblem with FXSeparator

Jeroen van der Zijp jeroen at fox-toolkit.org
Wed Apr 19 17:31:11 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 14:34, Dylan Bruzenak wrote:
> I'm looking to get a .avi video playing in the middle of an fxruby
> window.  Anyone had any experience with this ?

Probably, what's needed is a subclass of FXWindow which manages a
special window which supports X video extension.  You can do this,
probably two ways:

1) Subclass FXWindow and set up X video window.  This is probably
   preferred.

2) "Swallow" an existing window from the video player application,
   using attach().  For example if you fire up mplayer you can
   attach the mplayer or ogle window inside an FXWindow, after which its
   geometry is managed by the widget set.

My vote would be option (2) since setting up the video window isn't
the hard part; its pushing data to it at real-time rates for smooth
video playback, not to mention sound.  All these problems have been
solved in mplayer already.

I have to mention that a FOX-based video player already exists; its
called Goggles and you can find it here:

	http://www.fifthplanet.net/goggles.html

Hope this helps,

			- Jeroen

| Copyright (C) 16:20 04/19/2006 Jeroen van der Zijp.   All Rights Reserved. |