[fxruby-users] Fwd: fxRuby: changing icon in TreeItem crashes

lyle at knology.net lyle at knology.net
Fri Apr 7 17:15:37 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:23:40 +0200, "Meinrad Recheis"
<meinrad.recheis at gmail.com> wrote :

> hmm. are you sure that there is no solution that does not require
> changing the c++ code?

I am sure that there is no solution that doesn't require changing a lot of
someone's C++ code, either Jeroen's or mine. ;)

> how about wrapping every method that accepts an icon? the wrapping
> code check's if icon.created? and proceeds else raises an exception.

It's not always an error to pass a non-created icon to a method that accepts
an icon. But I see what you're getting at and that might be a solution that
doesn't involve changes to FOX itself.