[fxruby-users] associating objects with FXTable rows

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:11:54 EST 2006

I'd like to associate an arbitrary object with a row in an FXTable. I
thought I could do it using FXTableItems for my cells, but that
doesn't work. Here is basically what I tried.

item = FXTableItem.new(string_value, nil, some_object)
table.setItem(row, column, item)

some_object is an object from my ToDo class.
This fails on the first line with "in `initialize': wrong argument
type ToDo (expected Data)".
Apparently I can't pass an arbitrary object as the last parameter of
the FXTableItem constructor. What does it expect?

Is there another way I can associate objects with my table rows?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.