[fxruby-users] Large Forms Crash

lyle@knology.net lyle at knology.net
Mon Nov 28 16:13:28 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:21:02 -0800 (PST), Forrest Chang
<fkchang2000 at yahoo.com> wrote :

>   I put in a GC.disable.  Now after 4 clicks, the
> forms stop appearing.  No crash, just no forms.
> Before, I'd get 4 forms with 4 clicks, click 5 gave no
> form, click 6 crashed it.
>   So it looks like some problem in fxruby

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I have been traveling some
(especially last week) and haven't been able to get to a Windows box to take
a look. I can reproduce the problem after five or six displays of the
dialog. I have filed a bug report about this and will try to get it
corrected ASAP.

As a side note, what kind of application is this that is going to require
the user to fill in on the order of 1800 text fields in a dialog box? I am
concerned that even after I correct the bug that's causing it to crash, that
you're going to have a unusable application on your hands.

-- Lyle